Greener than a Land Rover usually is, and needing a few buckets of soapy water, but in far better shape than I had been hoping for.
I’ve been turning the engine every time I visited her in storage, so I knew that moved freely. When we pulled her out of the barn and onto the trailer, everything else seemed to move freely without any issues.
The first long trip I took with Laura, was bringing her home.
23/12 we drove from the northwest to the west coast of Denmark in a blizzard, to take the ferry to England.
The roof was not mounted, so I had to move my head towards the centre of the car every time I passed a lorry, so I didn’t get hit in the face from the spraying slush from their wheels.
On the way from Hertford to the Land Rover factory in Solihull the drivers window wiper engine broke down. Luckily the Series IIa has two separate wiper motors, with manual override, so I could wipe the windshield manually until I found a bridge where I could swap motors so I could get back without sore fingers 🙂